A GOOD HAUL - YARD SALE FIND!

This is a
 GOOD HAUL
 I got from a yard sale just a few weeks back in the summer
 when yard sales were in full swing around here. 
This was my lucky day!

The following pics are a haul from just one yard sale. 
You read that right! 
I was blown away -
I got all this great stuff for - are you ready? 


Can you believe that?  It's true.  There was so much stuff, it took me about an hour to scan it all into my files so I could share this with you.  It took all morning to blog about it too!  I just wanted to let all you crafter's out there to not forget about yard sales as a great source for your creativity!  If you have yard/garage sales in your neighbourhood - check them out.  You never know when it's going to be your lucky day!  I'm going to be sharing much of this stuff with swap partners.  I'll keep the items I'm most likely to use and pass on the rest.  So if your one of my swap partners watch for some of this stuff coming your way.

The show/story starts here:

I struck a gold mine of creative goodies at a yard sale when I came across a box, or I should say my DEAR HUBBY came across a box of what he calls CRAFTY STUFF at a yard sale.  Before we went yard saling that day I told him what to look out for today on my behalf.  We help each other out that way.  He spotted the box, asked the lady to hold it aside because he was going to get his wife to come take a look at the contents in the box.  He came to me & said "I found something you'll want to take a look at".  Maybe not in those exact words, but they meant the same thing, no matter what words he strung together.  So I go to see what he might have found for me.  WOW...I was blown away by a box full of BEADED TRIM, LACE, TASSEL & TRIM, FABRIC YARDAGE, PATTERNS, ETC.  I inquired about the price of the entire contents of the box.  $2.00 was their asking price.  Who could argue with that.
 SOLD!
But the story doesn't end there.  At the same yard sale I spotted a Chess/Checker board & game pieces.  "How much for the Game board & pieces"?  .25 cents Can't argue with that!
SOLD!
At the same yard sale they also had a sewing basket with bits & bobs.  I was really interested in the gold wire & filament thread I spotted in there.  "Oh just take it!" was there response to my inquiry.  So now I was going home with a cute little vintage sewing basket too!

Well after paying a whopping $2.25 for total of purchase at this one yard sale, hubby & I started for the car with both our arms full of my goodies.  On our way there was a FREE STUFF pile at the same yard sale.  I couldn't help myself, I had to pick up the free bottles we spotted we could use for a HALLOWEEN project.
  MY OWN HALLOWEEN CLIP ART LABELS.  Plus we took a darling little vinaigrette bottle from the pile for some homemade dressings or vinaigrette's.  There was so much stuff in this haul I'm just showing you some of the contents as it related to the creative goodies.  Some I've already used too so it didn't even make it into the pics.


VINTAGE SEWING BASKET ^


WHITE TRIMS & TASSELS ^


BURGUNDY TASSELS & TRIM ^


MISC. LACE ^


GORGEOUS BEADED TRIM ^


GOLD METALLIC & BURGUNDY TULLE + WIDE LACE TRIMS ^


MISC. CORDING & TINY LACE TRIM


BOLT OF WHITE TWILL TAPE, SILVER TWILL TAPE,
VINTAGE TRIM, COTTON LACE YARDAGE ^


^
TEENY TINY BEADS, GOLD FILAMENT THREAD,
GOLD WIRE, WHITE CLOTH COVERED WIRE, GLUE STICKS


RIBBON, RIBBON & MORE RIBBON ^


CHINTZ FABRIC YARDAGE ^


BLING! ^


 50 YARD BOLT OF LACE ^ THE SIZE OF A DINNER PLATE!


PEARLS ON A STRING ^


Assorted Leaves ^



Assorted Flowers ^


Christmas bits & bobs ^


Huge bag of Spanish Moss ^


CHESS & CHECKER PIECES ^
FOR MY ALICE/TIM HOLTZ INSPIRED PROJECTS


^
VINTAGE (HEAVY DUTY PRESS BOARD - PAPER COMPOSIT) GAME BOARD
AGAIN FOR SOMETHING ALICE INSPIRED

WOW
WHAT A HAUL!

&
ALL FOR ONLY
$2.25
THAT'S TWO DOLLARS & TWENTY FIVE CENTS
JUST IN CASE YOU THOUGHT I MISSED OUT SOME ZERO'S
NOPE!

OH - HAPPY DAY!
: )





3 comments:

THERESA said...

WOW, my mouth is still hanging open, what a fantastic haul and find that were, hats of to hubby........:))
Still cannot believe what you paid for it, enjoy!!!
lotsa luv ( AG)

Tracy S said...

Wow that is impressive...most impressive :) That is a serious score for real! Good job.

Cindy :) said...

Wow I want to shop where you shop...LOL wtg Cathie