I felt very flattered and touched as Cathie asked me to be a Guest-Designer on her blog to show you all Owl-punch-animals that I did. I made all these animals using my Stampin UP Owl-punch.
So here is the first animal I want to share with you.
Say hello to the Peac-owl
This animal was specially created for Cathie in first place to put on her Christmas tree.
- The body for the peacowl was punched with the Owl-punch and then I snipped off the feet and ears of the owl, to get the round body for the peacowl.
- As the next step I punched a pair of yellow feet, inked them with red ink and glued them behind the body of the peacowl.
- A punched heart is the beak of the peakowl.
- I layered the punched eyes ( all punched with the OWL-Punch) over it.
- Last part for the body was to use one of the snipped-off-feet as hair for the peacowl.
- I used a gold-gel marker to decorate it.
- The feathers were made after I watched a tutorial for a Thanksgiving table setting by Kim Burmeister (one of my crafting-idols). Therefore, you use a scallop circle and fold it like its shown on the video and you get pretty feathers. I made these using a dark-blue patterned paper and then adhered the "feathers" onto the back of the body.
- The last step was to decorate the feathers with rhinestones in blue and green for the peacock-eye effect.
I hope you all like this creation.
Have a crafty day!!!