GRAPHIC 45 MINI ALBUM

Here is a mini album I made using one 12 x 12" sheet of Graphic 45 paper and three standard business size envelopes.
I LOVE how this turned out!


It's really quite simple. Here is a top view showing the construction. I will give step by step details on how to make one in a future posting. :)


The difficult part is cutting into the FAB paper which I only have a few sheets left of now. LOL Then to cut up in a way that you utilize the best bits for focal points.


The paper is double sided, so the pieces that didn't have enough of a good focal point left on them were turned over to use the coordinating colors. This is a good place to mount a pic or a sentiment, quote, journaling or ?


As you can see from the pics there are some 4 page, 3 page and 2 page spreads using this envelope design. You can just keep turning it over and flipping pages so it's like an never ending album.


I folded up the album and wrapped in an elastic lace that reminds me of the wraps some of these bathing beauties are wearing on their heads to keep the sand and water off their gorgeous locks.


I made a stick pin with a corsage pin, vintage sea shell bead and a tiny blue pearl bead. I stitched on a gorgeous natural blue & cream mother of pearl broken shell bead to the elastic wrap to finish.


I didn't adorn the album much because I thought whoever recieves it might want to have fun adding little treasures of their own. I did add some bling that looks like a wave in the form of rhinestones.

I also added a teeny tiny blue trim to the bottom of one of the pages because the paper cut was just a little bit shy of the edge. Worked perfectly and it kinda looks like little waves too.


Each page top has an opening to slide in a tag for mounting more pics or adding even more quotes, sentiments, journaling etc.

Now I have to make one for me! LOL

Isn't that the way it is...you make something for a gift and you never keep anything for yourself?! : )

Must get into the habit of making doubles.

I would love to hear your comments on my album.

No comments: