easy & economical VALENTINE cards





You know those packs of 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock available @ Michaels and other craft stores that go on sale for sometimes 2 packs for $5.oo can really give you a lot of bang for your buck. For those of you who have been spending upwards of $1.oo for a sheet of cardstock for a 'card base' consider this - I made four cards from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11". They were quick, simple and economical.

Here's what I did-

I took one chocolate brown sheet of cardstock cut it in quarters. So each card came out different; I folded some to open horizontal others vertical. Some were folded at the center point, others off center (these ones I added scraps of coordinating printed paper with or without a fancy edge cut made with decorative trimmer. Some corners I rounded off with scissors. All pieces went through my cuttle bug using the same embossing folder for each. Some I placed only the card front into the embossing folder (fold the backside around to the back of the folder so it doesn't get embossed) others the whole card got embossed front and back.

Although each used the same embossing folder to speed up productivity each one came out looking different with various finishing touches. I used a white gel pen to highlight some embossed areas and added some hand written words; one I rubbed a white ink pad over the embossing to give it a slight highlight. Finally I added a coordinating printed trim, ribbon, heart shaped brads, pink pearls, or paper flower here and there - and voila! I had the most productive & quick card making stint ever. All four done in record time.

I would love for you all to try this method -

1) one piece of 8 1/2 x11" card stock
2) one embossing folder
3) paper scraps for trim/embellishment
4) a bit of ribbon (optional)
5) one or two brads, buttons, grommets or other bits
6) each one different, while using same techniques

and email me your results to share with other viewers to my blog.

No comments: