VINTAGE STYLE HANDMADE CARD INSPIRATION

Here is some inspirtation for those of you who like to make handmade cards with vintage style.

I made this card for a challenge in one of my papercrafting groups. 

The challenge was to start with the same piece of clip art as everyone else,
then create a handmade card in a vintage style. 


CLICK ON THE PIC TO ENLARGE FOR A DETAILED VIEW

To create my card in a vintage style:

 I started with the clip art like everyone else.  I crumpled it up to give it some creases, then touched the creases and edges with distress ink.  I used a dampened finger to smooch the ink to soften the hard edges & dirty up the paper a bit to create an aged look to the paper clip art. 

The card base is a favorite green I thought would be a nice juxtoposition to the patterned paper I used. 
I sewed along the  edge of the patterned paper to make it look like fabric.  Then roughed up the edges to soften the look a little.  I love the paper - it's a graphic 45 piece. 

I used a little lace along the bottom of the card to again soften the look.  The lace was from my haul back in the summer you can read that blog post HERE.  I used a little more of the same lace to make a yo yo.  The vintage looking button in the center of the yo yo I made using a gold shank and a button that happened to fit perfectly in the center.  The shank and button I recieved in a swap from another paper crafting group. 

The stick pin was made using a corsage pin, a transparent black bead with gold felcks inside and a bead cap.  To keep the bead cap in place after gluing I used a earing back that I slid up the pin snuggly - worked like a charm.  The earing back was then used again after inserting the pin in place for the card so the recipient doesn't get poked.  You can even glue it on for better safety. 

Don't know if I really needed the tiny bow made from seam binding but I just love the stuff! 

: )

Love to hear you comments & if I inspired you.


No comments: