SWEET ' VELVET BUNNY ' EASTER CARDS





Here's a couple of clean, simple and SWEET Easter Cards I made with my scrap paper stash and a wee bit of VELVET paper I've been waiting to use for this very occasion.

I started with pulling out a couple of pieces of cardstock scraps in Easter egg blue. Followed by small scraps of white cardstock to stamp the sentiment. I also pulled out green bits to use for the grass in the forground of each card. I already had the vision of what kind of scene I was going to create, so this made the color choices easy.

I also pulled out a wee bit of striped cardstock you see in only one of the cards. At first I thought the stripes might become stems for flowers, but I nixed that idea because I wanted these to be fuss-free cards.

I had gone through my scrap stash just recently and punched a bunch of flower petals with my (Martha Stewart) hydrangea punch, so I had these handy in case I wanted to use them. I ended up only using one on each card as leaves for the single flower you see on each card.

To create the card:

I started with the blue cardstock and clipped the corners at the narrow end to make tags.

Then I trimmed the green grass papers to the width of the tag, and used a pair of edge cutter scissors to create the look of grass. This was attached to the bottom of the tag with double sided tape.

On one card I added the striped bit of paper next to the grass and attatched with double sided tape.

With a narrow scrap of white cardstock trimmed to width, I punched it with the Martha Stewart - Picket Fence punch. Then adhered with double sided tape behind the grass on one card or striped paper on other card. (See photos)

The sentiment was stamped on tiny white scraps with Happy (A single stamp from what maker I don't know cause there wasn't a name on it that I could find; you could find one by many makers I'm sure) and Easter (individual letter stamps by Fiskars). It was then layered with a slightly larger piece of green printed scrap paper just to help it- pop. This was adhered to the top of the tag, leaving space for a hole to be punched at the top of the tag. One card I added an addition of stamped flower in the corners ( here again I don't know the make - If you buy clear stamps secondhand like I do at stamp swap & sales you don't always get them in the original packaging; so use what you have).

The tag was puched with regular punch at top and a reinforcing circle (found in stationary supply shops) was placed over hole. A small piece of Amuse dot ribbon in a beautiful shade of spring green was looped through through the hole.

A tiny hole was punched lower on the tag to allow a velvet flower brad (Making Memories) - backed by a single green punched paper flower (Martha Stewart hydrangea punch) for leaves.

The Sweet Velvet Bunny was created using Velvet paper and bunny shape cut at one inch size - you can recreate using your own personal die cutting machine or punch. The eyes are brown pearls by Recollections and came in a pack with various sizes. On one card the bunny was tucked behind the grass. Both are stuck on with double sided tape.

Finally the tags were stuck on cardstock folded to about 3x41/2".

No comments: