Father's Day OWL Card

OMG...I was sO excited to find this La Blanche stamp @ my local scrapbooking shop yesterday.  I have only wanted it for like - forever.  LOL  ; ) 

A good friend gave me a gift certificate for this same scrapbooking shop for my Bday a couple weeks ago and I planned to save it for a 'waterfall sale' so I could for once buy lots and save lots. 

Well I ended up using the certificate to buy this stamp because they only had one and I had waited sOOO long for one and didn't want to pass it up for fear it would be another long, long time before I might find it again. 

So glad I bought it. Right after buying my stamp the ideas started to flow and I even woke up early with ideas running around my little brain.  LOL 

So off I went bright and early to try a few things with my new stamp.  I will show you lots in the future, but for now I will share this card I made for hubby for Father's Day: )

I used a piece of black cardstock for the base of the card and instead of a regular card fold I folded over both sides to anchor the card to sit. 

For the focal point I stamped the owl image onto a golden brown cardstock with black ink.  Easy peasy. 

For the sides of the card I ran it through my cuttlebug with and embossing folder.  'Ascension' by Couture creations.  I only use the bottom half that had the gears.  I inked the raised gears with a bronze metalic ink bought @ a dollar store - worked brilliantly. 

I used a top note and a cute little label die by 'Nellie Snellen' and gifted to me for my Bday by my dear friend Maria ; ) - to cut a tiny label for the top note.  These dies are FAB

(I played with them last night and cut a bunch of them - they were easy peasy to use and all the little bits took care of themselves, so it went super fast.)  YAY I love that about them!  : ) 

I hand penned DAD on the little Nellie Snellen label and attached it to the top note with tiny creamy white brads and adhered it to the back of the card with double sided tape.

I love the results! 



This OWL is sO cOOl...
stay tuned for more ideas using this owl stamp.





No comments: