Sweet & Simple Folded Birthday Card



This Birthday card was simple to make and turned out pretty sweet.

I used a 12 x 4" piece of card stock, scored at 4" & 8". Then scored diagonaly from corner (at fold line to corner at edge of paper) on each end. These corners are folded back so when the card is closed they come together to close the gap and together create the front of the card. When you have constructed the mechanics you will decide were to put you embellishments. My butterflies were folded and attached with sook wang (double sided) tape. Then placed within the confines of the folded card so it wouldn't stick outside the card when closed. When opened the large butterfly unfurls its wings.

Sound complicated! Na! Trust me you can do it!



I used pretty floral card stock that coordinated with the sticker I used on the inside of the card.

The butterflies were stamped, embossed and colored with chalk pastels.



Captions were stickers & die cuts layered on card stock.

Final card was wrapped & tied with a ribbon that was secured with brads, so the ribbon won't get lost.



Now that I've taken pictures of it to post I can give it to my friend. :)

Hope she likes it!

Hope you enjoy making one yourself, and if you do; link back to my blog in my comments and show me how yours turned out. I would love to see them! :)

No comments: